Aeries Hosted Services
While schools are able to host their own data if they choose, they may also consider Aeries Hosting as a reliable and cost-effective solution. Aeries Hosting (formerly known as Aeries ASP) is our cloud-based data hosting and back-up solution. It's a powerful, yet cost-effective web-based SIS add-on service that's packed with premium features for your cloud-soaring experience. This solution allows districts to host their data on a secure server without the necessity to purchase and operate their own dedicated network and affiliated technicians. If your district is interested in making the move to server-hosted data, consider having Aeries Software do it for you!
|[Aeries Hosted Services]|
Aeries Student Information System proposes to be the Hosted Service Provider for the District. The Hosted services which are proposed to be provided by Aeries Student Information System include:
Hardware & Systems Components, Security:
- Microsoft SQL Server hardware and software management
- Aeries Software provides all the required hardware, software, and configuration services needed to procure, setup, secure, and manage the components necessary to house and maintain your Aeries data and make it readily available to all stakeholders. This includes:
- Licenses (operating systems, database, certificates, etc.)
- Upgrades/patches – managed by our technical staff at our secure data center, with co-location of your data
- Hardware upgrades/maintenance - the hardware is maintained at the highest industry standards. Our technical staff is able to respond immediately to any disruption of services, and fail-over redundancy is standard. Maintenance is scheduled to have the least possible impact on the District.
- Disaster Recovery – in the event of a natural or other type of disaster, your Aeries database can be recovered from off-site backup
- Advanced security encryption
- Live support
- Aeries Software does not provide client hardware or software
Aeries SQL Database Management:
- Aeries Updates (when released) – regular updates for all Aeries software
- Backups – full backup nightly, hourly automated back-ups
- Data Recovery
- Disaster Recovery
- Database cleanup
- Fix records if required
- Initial configuration support services for Aeries Web Versions and Parent Account Management System (PAMS)
- Create new database roles; modify and update roles as needed
- Aeries Security management (user accounts/roles/permissions/etc.)
- System Security Consulting
- Manage school-based code consistency
- Define table relationships
- Setup unique SQL accounts, maintain READ-ONLY security permissions, and setup/modify existing SQL server jobs/extracts to upload to a 3rd party vendor
- Setup and refresh sandbox copies of databases
- Audit security log files upon request
- Generate SQL Query Analyzer statements
- New Year Rollover – Aeries performs the physical rollover for all Hosted customers
Terms of Service
- The cost proposed for the Hosted services entitles the District to a maximum of fifty (50) hours of remote
Aeries Software Hosted support services for a maximum number of student records and a maximum number of administrative users of the Aeries Client Version as stipulated in your Aeries proposal, and an unlimited number of administrative users of the Aeries Web Version, and an unlimited number of teacher, parent, and student users.
- Hosted services (including Hosted support service hours) as proposed by Aeries Software are separate from
the LICENSE & SUPPORT subscription as proposed herein which are defined in the AGREEMENT FOR ACQUISITION OF LICENSE FOR Aeries SOFTWARE. Telephone (and optionally email) support services as proposed herein under the MAINTENANCE & SUPPORT section is restricted to providing support for the specified number of administrative users. Hosted services for additional student records (if any) and/or additional administrative users (if any) and/or additional remote Hosted support service hours (if any) in excess of these maximums will be quoted by Aeries Software for an additional fee. When the District approaches the maximum number of students and/or the maximum number of administrative users and/or the maximum number of hours of Hosted support service, Aeries Software will be responsible for notifying the District. Additional remote Hosted support service hours beyond 50 hours will be billed at a rate of $150.00 per hour or the then current Aeries Software rate for Hosted services.
- Creation and maintenance of the Aeries Teacher and Parent/Student Portals users’ accounts will be the
responsibility of the District and is not included in the proposed Aeries Software Hosted services. Aeries Portals users’ support is the responsibility of the District and Portals users’ support is not included in the proposed Hosted services or the MAINTENANCE & SUPPORT services.
- Aeries Software is not responsible for establishing or maintaining the network connections between the
District and the Aeries Software server(s) where the SQL database is proposed to be hosted. Aeries Software does not assume any liability for the reliability or speed as it relates to performance or security of the required network connection between the District and the Aeries Student Information System.
- Aeries Software or the District may terminate the Hosted service arrangement by providing thirty (30) days
advance written notice. If termination of this arrangement for any reason results in the District’s need for services from Aeries Software of any type which are not included services proposed herein, Aeries Software shall be paid at its then current rates for such services. All of the District data contained in the SQL server database which Aeries Software proposes to house and maintain shall be and remain the property of District and the District shall retain exclusive rights and ownership thereto. Upon termination of services, all data shall be offloaded to the District and Aeries Software shall no longer be responsible for the data.