Supplemental Attendance .Net
|[Supplemental Attendance - December 17, 2013]|
Aeries.Net - Supplemental Attendance
Supplemental Attendance enables schools to track positive attendance programs in a negative attendance school. Below are some of the benefits to using Supplemental Attendance in Aeries®.
- Sessions can be created in any type of Aeries® school – High School, Elementary, Middle Schools and Continuation schools with positive attendance.
- The session calendars are not tied to the school calendars. Saturday school and every day tutoring sessions can be created.
- Available in Aeries.net and Aeries. Attendance can be submitted in ABI or the Teacher Portal.
- Attendance can be scanned in using bar code scanners in Aeries.net, Aeries, ABI or the Teacher Portal
- Grade reporting is available for sessions. Teachers can give grades to students in their sessions. The grades will print on the secondary report cards.
- Students can be in enrolled multiple sessions at one time.
- Student's attendance is completely separate from the Supplemental Attendance session attendance.
The Supplemental Attendance Programs page is used to create different Supplemental Attendance Programs. Examples are Tutorial, Detentions and Credit Recovery but are district defined. The Supplemental Attendance Sessions page is used to create the sessions for the different programs and can have separate calendars than the school calendar including weekend dates.
Supplemental Attendance uses the following tables:
ATA - Supplemental Attendance Assignments (Students)
ATC - Supplemental Attendance Calendar
ATD - Supplemental Attendance Data – times entered for students
ATP - Supplemental Attendance Programs
ATR - Supplemental Attendance Staff
ATS - Supplemental Attendance Sessions
STF - Staff
The security permissions for the Supplemental Attendance pages can be set-up through the Aeries.net Security page by the System Admin. Assign the appropriate permissions to users.
Teachers can be assigned permissions on the Portal Groups Security page. If the Program option of Allow Walk-ins is on, Insert to Supplemental Attendance Student Assignments is needed in addition to permissions to Supplemental Attendance Data.
Certain information can be set up prior to creating the Programs. The codes for the following fields can be set up in the Update Code Table. COD values can to be set up for the following optional fields:
- ATP.TY Program Attendance Type
- ATP.TG Program Status Tag
- ATP.UC1 UC8 Program User Codes
- ATS.TG Sessions Status Tag
- ATS.UC1 UC8 Session User Codes
- ATA.PR Student Participation Reason
- ATD.CD Attendance Data Comment Code
In Aeries.net, the forms and reports can be accessed from the Supplemental Attendance node on the navigation tree.
Admin or Users with the applicable permissions will see the following navigation tree.
SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE PROGRAMS (ATP)
Supplemental Attendance Programs are District-owned and include basic data and a few options. The options will apply to all sessions for the program. To add a Program, click the mouse on the Add button on the page. The cursor will display in the Program ID field. Enter all the Program information and click the mouse on the Insert button when completed.
- Program ID Enter a Program ID 6 characters maximum. This is a required field.
- Program Name Enter a Program Name. This is a required field.
- Attendance Type codes can be setup from the Update Code Table form for field ATP.TY. This is an optional field.
- Seats Maximum number of students for this Program. This is an optional field
- Grade Range Low and High grade for this Program
- Tag when a Program is tagged as inactive new sessions cannot be added
- Start Date/ End Date Optional fields that ensure attendance is not entered outside of the date range for all sessions with this Program. Session date range will default to the Program date range but can be changed.
- User Fields Dropdown codes can be setup from the Update Code Table form
- Allow Walk-Ins This option allows any student in the school to walk into a session of this program without being scheduled into the session. Leaving the option turned off means that the student must be scheduled into the session to attend a session in this program.
- Attendance Collection Method
- Only allow teachers to mark a student as Present or Absent. Start and End times will be set based upon the session's start and end time. Start and End times cannot be edited with this option on.
- Allow teachers to modify each student's start and end time. When student is marked Present, will store session start and end time but can be edited.
SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE SESSIONS (ATS)
The Supplemental Attendance Sessions are School-owned and include more in-depth information including room assignment and session start and end times.
To add a new session, click the mouse on the Add button. The cursor will display in the Session Name field and the session will automatically be assigned a number. Enter the session information and click the mouse on the Insert button.
- Session Name Enter a specific Session Name. This is a required field.
- Program ID Choose a Program ID from the dropdown of Programs. This is a required field.
- Room This is an optional field.
- Grade Range Low and High grade for this session
- Tag Warns and prevents data from being entered changed if the session is tagged as Inactive. Any value can be entered.
- Class ID Can be used to group multiple sessions together. Reports can be grouped by Class ID.
- Linked MST Section or Linked Teacher Section number from the Master Schedule in a Secondary school or Teacher # in an Elementary school. Can add all students from the section into the session. For an Elementary school, can add all students from a teacher's class into a session. This field can be populated multiple times to add students from multiple sections or teachers. This is an optional field.
- Start Date/ End Date Optional fields that ensure attendance is not entered outside of the date range. Session date range will default to the Program date range but can be changed.
- Start Time and End Time Minutes will be calculated based on the Start and End times. Start Time and End Time are required fields.
Note: if the session is a required hourly program, create multiple sessions for 60 minutes or less. Example: for a session that is 2 ½ hours, create 2 sessions of 60 minutes and another with 30 minutes. Use the Class ID field to link the sessions together.
- Max Maximum number of seats for this session
- User Fields - Dropdown codes can be setup from the Update Code Table form
- Notes – additional information can be entered in the Notes field.
'SESSION CALENDAR (ATC)
To create dates that a session meets, click the mouse on the Calendar (ATC) tab on the sessions page. Click the mouse on the Add Dates button.
The following will display. Select or deselect the days of the week the session meets and enter the date-range. Sessions can meet on any day including Saturday or Sunday. Click the mouse on the Add button.
The Calendar for this session will now display on the Sessions page on the Calendar (ATC) tab.
NOTE: Because Supplemental Attendance session calendars are not tied to the school calendar, after creating the calendar, manually uncheck any dates that the session will not be meeting. Example: school holidays or minimum days.
SESSION STAFF (ATR)
Click the mouse on the Staff (ATR) tab to enter the staff for this session. Click the mouse on the Add New Record button.
Enter the Staff ID or use the Search icon for a Staff Lookup. Select the Staff member that will oversee this Session and click on the Save icon.
Multiple staff members can be assigned to a session. The staff will now display on the Staff (ATR) tab.
To delete a Staff record, click the mouse on the Delete icon.
SESSION STUDENTS (ATA)
There are several ways in Aeries.net to add students to a session.
- Add by student numbers or Perm IDs on the Students tab
- Add by Master Schedule section number for a secondary school or Teacher # for an elementary school. This will add all students in a section or a class.
- Add with "Allow Walk-ins" option during Sign In or scanning
- Add with Aeries Analytics™
ADD STUDENTS ON THE SESSIONS PAGE
Click the mouse on the Students (ATA) tab to enter the students for this session. The Effective Date defaults to today and will be the Start Date for the students. Change the Effective Date before adding students if the session Start Date is not today.
Click the mouse on the Input button and the following input form will display. Enter student numbers or ID numbers separated by spaces and click the mouse on the Insert Students button.
Click the mouse on the Load Students button to display students scheduled in the session.
The Add New Record button can also be used to add students. Enter the Student number or use the Search icon for a Student Lookup. Select the student and click the mouse on the Save icon.
ADD STUDENTS WITH THE LINK MST SECTION/LINK TEACHER FIELD
To add students by Master Schedule Section Number enter the section number in the Linked MST Section field.
For an Elementary school the field is labeled as Linked Teacher. Enter the teacher # to add all students for that teacher to the session.
After the Section or teacher number is populated, click the mouse on the Students (ATA) tab. Verify the Effective Date on the right side of the page. This is the start date that will be used when adding the students. The Effective Date will default to today but can be changed before adding students.
Click the mouse on the Add Students from Linked Teacher button to add the students. In a secondary school, the button will be labeled Add Students from Linked Section.
A verification message will display, click the mouse on the OK button.
Click the mouse on the Load Students button to display students scheduled in the session.
NOTE: The Start date can be adjusted manually for each student on the Students tab. Click the mouse on the Edit icon to the left of the student record to change the date.
COPY OR MOVE STUDENTS
Students can be moved or copied to other sessions by using the Move or Copy buttons on the right of the page. To tag a student, click the box to the far left of the student record. Enter a session number from the New Session dropdown.
Click the appropriate Move or Copy button:
- Move All – Will drop all students from the session and move them to the new selected session.
- Move Tagged - Will drop tagged students from the session and move them to the new selected session.
- Copy All - Will Copy all students from the session to the new selected session.
- Copy Tagged - Will Copy tagged students from the session to the new selected session.
ADD STUDENTS WITH AERIES ANALYTICS™
Students can also be added to existing sessions through Aeries Analytic™. On the Analysis Dashboard page, right click on the applicable graph to View Students.
The following student list will display with a Create Supp Att Records button at the bottom of the page. Use the check mark in the 1st column to select or deselect all or selected students to be added to the session. Click the mouse on the Creat Supp Att Records button after the students are selected.
When the Create Supp Att Records button is clicked the following page will display. Click on the Program dropdown to display all the existing sessions for the Program. Select the appropriate
Session. Verify the Start date and change if necessary. Enter a Stop Date if applicable. A Participation Reason can also be selected.
Click the mouse on the Submit button and the following message will display.
Click the mouse on the Yes button to continue or No to cancel.
ASSIGN PARTICIPATION REASON CODES TO STUDENTS
After the students have been added to a session, Participation Reason codes can be assigned to the students. Participation Reason codes are optional and can be used to tag students with the reason they are in a particular session. Reports can be grouped or sorted by the student's Participation Reason.
On the Students (ATA) tab, click the mouse on the Edit icon to the left of the student record and
select the codes from the Reason dropdown. Below is an example of some codes that can be added to the Code table.
NOTE: See Initial Set-Up for setting up Dropdowns to the Code table for the Reason field.
DROP OR DELETE STUDENTS
Students can be dropped or deleted from a session. To Drop a student click the mouse on the black triangle in the Stopped column. The following message will display. Clicking the mouse on OK will add a Stop Date to the record as of the Effective Date.
To Delete the student from a session, click the mouse on the Edit icon to the left of the student record and click on the Delete icon.
NOTE: Students with attendance previously submitted (ATD records) cannot be deleted.
ADDITIONAL SESSION DATA (ATS) in Aeries
The Grades/Additional Session Data (ATS) form in Aeries has options for Grade Reporting. This is not yet available in Aeries.net but is supported in Aeries.net if configured in Aeries.
The Create in Grade Rptg option will allow the students to be included in the Create New Grade Table process. Click the mouse on Yes to use this feature. The following additional fields will display.
The Grd Rptg Course ID field will display a drop down from the Course table. Select the appropriate course ID and the Course Title will display.
The Grd Rptg Teacher # field will default to the teacher # of the Staff that is populated on the Staff (ATR) tab. The dropdown is from the Teachers table.
When the Grade Reporting process of Create New Grade Reporting Table is run, the students in the session tagged with Yes in the Create in Grade Rptg field will be included in the GRD table as period 10. It will include students with Supplemental Attendance data within the grade reporting date-range.
After all the tabs have been completed for the session, the Supplemental Attendance Programs page will now display all sessions for the selected Program.
Click the mouse on the Calendar icon under the Meets column to view this Sessions calendar:
SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE DATA
Attendance can be entered for students using the Supplemental Attendance Data page by Admins and Users with the appropriate permissions. Click the mouse on the Attendance Data (ATD) tab.
The Attendance Date will default to today. The date can be changed to submit attendance for a date other than today.
Session Time Start and End times will default to the times defined for the session
Current Time Start and End times will be the current time
To sign-in a student, click the mouse on the Mass Sign In button. The following form will display. Enter the student or ID number and click the mouse on the Go button.
Mass Sign Out will not display if the Program Attendance Collection Method option of "Only allow teacher to mark a student Present or Absent" is used. The session start and end times will default.
NOTE: To enter attendance with a hand held scanner, click the mouse in the Stu/PermID field on the Sign In/Sign Out form with the scanner connected to the computer. With the cursor in the Stu/PermID field a barcode of the Student number or Permanent ID number can be scanned
The Attendance Data (ATD) tab will display students start and stop times for the session.
The Students (ATA) tab will display students start and stop dates for the session.
In order for teachers to submit Supplemental Attendance though the Teacher Portal the Staff ID used on the Supplemental Attendance Session (ATR) must be associated to a Teacher record. Teacher Portal also requires security User Account associated to the Staff ID.
The Portal Options form will display Supplemental Attendance Options on the Attendance tab. Enter # Days Teachers can Back Post or Forward post if applicable. Click the mouse on the Save button.
NOTE: Refer to the following document for information on submitting Supplemental Attendance with ABI (Aeries Browser Interface).
TEACHER PORTAL ATTENDANCE
When the teachers log into the Teacher Portal, Supplemental Attendance will be listed in the navigation tree. Click the mouse on Supplemental Attendance and the following screen will display. Two views are available for teachers: Daily view and a Weekly view. Below is an example of the Daily view.
All the sessions the teacher is assigned to will display in the Session dropdown. Click the mouse on the session to select a session.
There are several ways to enter attendance in Teacher Portal.
- Daily Supplemental Attendance page
- Enter by Class List
- Enter by Student Number
- Scanning using hand held scanner to scan ID cards with bar codes.
- Weekly Supplemental Attendance page
To enter attendance by a class list on the Daily Supplemental Attendance page, click the mouse Sessions dropdown to select the session. Then click the mouse on the Present radio button if the student is present. When the mouse is clicked on the Present radio button, the start and end times will default based on the times defined for the session.
To enter attendance by student number or perm ID, enter a student number or perm ID in the Student ID box and hit the Enter key. If the option Allow Walk-ins is selected for the Program, a student number or ID number can be entered for a student not enrolled in the session.
NOTE: SCANNING' - To enter attendance with a hand held scanner, click the mouse in the Enter Student ID field on the Daily Supplemental Attendance page with the scanner connected to the computer. With the cursor in the Student ID field a barcode of the Student number or Permanent ID number can be scanned.
WEEKLY SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE
The Weekly Supplemental Attendance page allows teachers to take attendance for students a week at a time. Click the mouse on the Weekly Supplemental Attendance link and the following page will display.
Click the mouse on the Present radio button if the student is present. When the mouse is clicked on the Present radio button, the start and end times will default based on the times defined for the session.
The navigation buttons can be used to change to different weeks.
The reports available for Supplemental Attendance are Supplemental Attendance Audit Report, Supplemental Attendance Class List, Supplemental Attendance Class Roster, Supplemental Attendance Report that includes a Supplemental Attendance Summary Report option.
An additional report, Print Supplemental Attendance Report (CCLC/ASES), can be found in View All Reports in the district database in Aeries CS. This report will display current and baseline data for students in a select Intervention Program and Supplemental Attendance Program. It is not yet available in Aeries.net.
SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE AUDIT REPORT
The Supplemental Attendance Audit Report will print students with various errors in Supplemental Attendance data. The report can be sorted by Session.
SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE CLASS LIST
The Supplemental Attendance Class List will print a class list. The following option form will display when running the class list. The Class List can be run for specific sessions or all sessions. The sessions can be grouped by Section Number or Class ID.
The Class List will only include students enrolled on the report date. The following Class List will display.
SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE CLASS ROSTER
The Supplemental Attendance Roster will print class rosters. There are various Roster types and options available.
The following options are available for a Supplemental Class Roster.
- Roster Type
- 4 Weeks will print 4 calendar weeks. Students with attendance will have an X on the date
- 1 Week will print 1 calendar week with actual attendance for each day
- 1 Day can be used as a Sign In/Sign Out sheet. Attendance submitted will not print
- 10 Days will print 10 consecutive session days, not calendar days
- Attendance Units
- Minutes report will print minutes per day
- Hours report will print hours
- Days if student attended a session, a 1 will print.
- Group Report By:
- Session Name
- Session Number
- Section Number or Teacher Number for an elementary school
- Class ID
- Print Signature Line will print a Teacher (and/or) Substitute Signature line on the bottom of the roster
- Print Shading will shade every other student on the roster
- Reduce Line Height will reduce the height of the students lines so that more students can print
- Restart numbering on New Page will start the 2nd page of the session with new numbers
- Hide Sessions times the Start and End Times of the session will not print on the roster
- Sort on Participation Reason/Page Break on Reason
- Number of additional lines can have additional lines to write in students
The following is an example of a 10 day Roster with the Attendance Units of Minutes.
The following is an example of a 1 Day Roster. It can be used as a Sign In/Sign Out sheet.
The following is an example of a 1 Week Roster with the Attendance Units of Hours.
The following is an example of a 4 Week Roster. X's will print if the student has any attendance for the date.
SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE REPORT
The Supplemental Attendance Report will list all students and their attendance within selected sessions for a date range. There are various options available.
The following options are available for a Supplemental Attendance Report.
- Starting Date/Ending Date
- Limit Report By: Can group or limit by the following
- Session Name
- Session Number
- Section/Teacher Number for an elementary school
- Class ID
- Select Participation Reason(s) to combine with Blank Codes – will combine students with selected Participation Reason codes with students with no codes
- Select Participation Reason(s) to exclude from the report – will exclude students with selected Participation Reason codes from the report
- Attendance Units
- Minutes report will print minutes per day
- Hours report will print hours
- Days if student attended a session, a 1 will print
- Include YTD Totals – will print Year to Date totals
- Include Signature Line
- Sort on Participation Reason/Page Break on Reason – will sort students within each session by Participation Reason Code. Students with no codes will be at the top of the session.
- Print Supplemental Attendance Summary Report
The following is an example of the Supplemental Attendance Report.
The following is an example of the Supplemental Attendance Summary with the Print Supplemental Attendance Summary Report option selected.
PRINT SUPPLEMENTAL ATTENDANCE REPORT (CCLC/ASES)
The Print Supplemental Attendance Report (CCLS/ASES) is found in View All Reports in District AeriesCS. It is not yet available in Aeries.net. This report displays baseline test performance level and enrollment data and current year test performance level and enrollment data for students with selected Intervention records and Supplemental Attendance records.
In order to run this report students will need to have Intervention (INV) records for the identified Intervention program and Supplemental Attendance Data (ATD) records for the identified Supplemental Attendance Program.
The "Baseline" is the school year prior to the date the student first began the Intervention program at that school. For example, if the student first participated in the ASES program in the 2012-13 school year, the Baseline would be the 2011-12 school year. The "Baseline" is determined using the
Intervention Start Date (INV.DD) or the Intervention Date (INV.DT) if INV.DD is not populated. Also, only open Intervention records (no value in the Intervention End Date – INV.ED) or Intervention records that have an end date in the school year that the report is being run in will be reported.
The test performance level data for the Baseline are the ELA and Math test performance levels from the CST, CMA or STS tests. By default the CST scores will be used, but if only CMA or STS tests are available, a c or s will display in front of the performance level to identify that it is a CMA or STS score. In the below example the "c" indicates that these performance levels are from the CMA ELA and Math tests.
If no test scores exist for the Baseline or prior to the Baseline, then the first tests available after the Baseline will be used as the Baseline scores.
The Attendance Enrollment and Absence data for the Baseline is pulled from the prior year databases. The Update Student Attendance/Enrollment Totals in View all Macros will need to be run in all of the prior year databases that will be accessed by this report.
To run the Print Supplemental Attendance Report (CCLC/ASES), select it from View All Reports and click on OK.
The Print Supplemental Attendance Report options form will display.
At the top of the form a red message displays reminding users to run the Update Student Attendance/Enrollment Totals for all prior school years that this report will need to access.
Select the schools to run the report for. Clicking on the school will change the option to Include from Yes to No.
Check the mapping of the Aeries EL codes to the CALPADS translations.
NOTE: Adjusting the mapping of the Language Fluency codes will affect the CALPADS Extract settings.
Select the Intervention Program Code and Supplemental Attendance Program to be reported.
Select how to sort the report, either by Student Name or by Student Grade and then Name. Click on OK to run the report.
The following is an example of the Supplemental Attendance Report (CCLC/ASES).