The Religious Information page in Aeries.net will allow schools to document information that includes a student's religion type and place of worship location. Event date fields can be used to record the date an event occurred or will occur on. The page also includes a section for comments where event details or notes can be added. The Religious Information page also has user code fields that can be utilized to add additional quick reference information.
|[Religious Information - December 9, 2013]|
Aeries.Net - Religious Information
The Religious Information page has to be enabled in order to display for use. To enable the Religious Information page in Aeries.net, from the Navigation tree click the mouse on School Info | School Options.
Note: Enabling the form will enable it for all schools.
To enable the page, select School Code 0 from the list of schools on the School Options page. At the bottom of the School Options page in the Other Settings area, an Enable Religious Form option will display. This option defaults to No. To enable the page, click the mouse on the Change button.
The page will display in edit mode and the Enable Religious Form option will display with a check box next to it. To enable the Religious Information page, click the mouse on the checkbox. Next, click the mouse on the Update button.
The Other Settings area on the School options page will now display the Enable Religious Form as Yes.
Note: In order to complete the enabling process of the Religious Information form, after the setting has been enabled, you must log out of Aeries.net and then log back in.
Users who will be accessing and entering information on the Religious Information page will need the appropriate permissions to the following tables:
• REL – Religious Information
The security permissions for the Religious Information page can be set-up through the Aeries.net Security page by assigning the appropriate permissions to users for the Religious Information area.
Certain information can be set up prior to entering Religious Information. Code Table values can be setup in advance for the following tables and fields through Update Code Table. To access Update Code Table, from the Navigation Tree click the mouse on School Info | Configurations | Update Code Table.
Religious Information (REL)
• REL.RLG – Religion Type (Code values should not exceed 3 characters.)
• REL.WP – Place of Worship (This is a free text field but can also have values defined in the Code table).
• REL.U1 – User 1 (Code values should not exceed 3 characters.)
• REL.U2 – User 2 (Code values should not exceed 3 characters.)
• REL.U3 – User 3 (Code values should not exceed 3 characters.)
• REL.U4 – User 4 (Code values should not exceed 3 characters.)
• REL.U5 – User 5 (Code values should not exceed 3 characters.)
• REL.U6 – User 6 (Code values should not exceed 3 characters.)
After the option to enable the page has been turned on in School Options, the Religious Information page can be accessed from the Navigation Tree by clicking the mouse on Student Data | Other | Religious Information.
To add a record to the Religious Information page for a student, click the mouse on the Add New Record button.
The following page will display in edit mode. Enter the Religious Information for the student and then click the mouse on the Update button to save the information.
• Religion – Select a type of Religion.
• Place of Worship – Select a code from the drop down list. This field is also a free text field where information can be typed instead of using a drop down list code that is stored in the Code table. It is suggested that if free text is entered instead of selecting a code from the drop down list that the text is no more than 125 characters.
• Event 1 - 6 – These fields can be used to enter dates pertaining to different events.
• Comments – Area for comments about the student or an event.
• User 1 - 6 – User fields available that can be used for quick reference information.
After Religious Information has been added for a student, to modify or add additional information, click the mouse on the Change button on the page.
Make any modifications or add any additional information. Next click the mouse on the Update button to save the changes.
To delete the Religious Information for a student, click the mouse on the Delete button on the page.
The following message will display. To delete the Religious Information for the selected student, click the mouse on the OK button. This will delete all of the Religious Information for the selected student.